Commissioning of a Pillard PRECAFLAM™ burner in Mexico
Fives Pillard commissioned a Pillard PRECAFLAM™ burner in a new cement plant in Mexico, delivered by Fives FCB.
Its technology, associated with both the Pillard NOVAFLAM® main burner and the Fives FCB preheater, enables a very low specific heat consumption with an average of 760 kcal / kg.
This 70 MW vertical Pillard PRECAFLAM™ burner is designed to fire coal/petcoke/diesel/natural gas and solid alternative fuel.
The substitution ratio of the ASF’s (Alternative solid fuels) can reach up to 65% depending on the material:
- With low-weight solid wastes (RDF), the substitution rate can reach 40%
- With tire chip sizes up to 75 mm, the substitution rate is up to 65% (equivalent to 5 t/h)
During operation, an average O2 < 2.5% is achieved at the preheater outlet, without generating CO.
The Pillard PRECAFLAM™ technology in conjunction with the Fives FCB combustion chamber enables:
- A reduction of NOx emissions from 1200 ppm to 660 ppm at the preheater outlet
- An excellent preparation of hot meal for the kiln, with a 5% increase in production
- No coating issues, despite using petcoke with a high sulfur content (> 6% S)